Tuesday, August 18, 2009

White, Red and Black

The words Integral, Pleasure, and Nights may seem to be a strange combination of words and I think it is - that is why I am starting this blog. I have been reading Integral and Evolutionary theory for more than a few years now and I am still trying to figure out how to integrate pleasure into it. I don't think we should eliminate pleasure even though we are trying to evolve to a higher stage of consciousness. I think this fits with the Indian idea of sachchidananda - where the ananda part means bliss. I think we are all individuals and should, in some way, be following our bliss as Joseph Cambell has said. As for Nights, that represents darkness - the shadow, the rebel; everything that is the left hand path. This is a force, a power that is going to rebel against any system or idea that is claimed to be the truth. Similar to what is represented by Lucifer. So there you have it - white is integral, red is pleasure, and black is the rebel. And below all this is is the chaos in the void. How to synthesize these elements conceptually and live in a way that they are all combined in our being - that is what I would like to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment